Global Process Engineer with focus on Sustainability (m/w/d)
Knauf Ceiling Solutions
Iphofen, Grafenau, Pontarlier, Ferndorf
Two of the world‘s most recognized ceiling manufacturers have joined forces to combine their technical expertise, expand their range of services and strengthen their long-term international market-leading position.
As a result, Knauf Ceiling Solutions was established and now we are looking for the most talented people, who want to grow together with us. We give you the possibility to create and learn, take ownership and be part of one of the big players in the ceiling market.
Come and join us today!
- Develop, shape and afterwards manage a division-wide implementation roadmap on low and zero-carbon production technology for our mineral ceiling plants
- Organise and follow-through on plant surveys, highlighting energy performance improvement opportunities through best-practice process engineering practices on a global level
- Analyse strategic low energy and low carbon solutions on local, regional and global level, including contact with authorities and R&D centres
- Independently lead process engineering related CAPEX projects, supporting our ambition to lower energy consumption and carbon emissions, including detailed engineering data, pre-designing technical solutions, determine the potential savings, cost & payback calculation
- Establish and lead a division-wide global network across our production plants, with the focus to leverage best-practices and exchange improvement ideas in relation to energy efficiency through technical engineering solutions
- Act as main contact person for the division in regards to establishing more sustainable engineering solutions, towards internal and external stakeholders as well as the Knauf Group
- Reporting of key performance indicators (KPI) relating to sustainability including measurements relating to energy efficiency and carbon intensity
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Thermodynamics or related area
- Experience of 5-8 years in process engineering in a multi-national company, including knowledge of monitoring, targeting and verification techniques
- Strong technical engineering and project management knowledge, with hands-on experience on manufacturing processes and equipment
- Detailed understanding of low carbon and energy efficient technology solutions, thermal process knowledge in building materials is an advantage
- Passion for the topic of Sustainability and how technical engineering solutions and production processes can support the sustainability agenda
- Knowledge of monitoring, targeting and verification together with an understanding of life cycle assessment and circular economy
- Analytical thinker with problem solving mindset and a structured way of thinking
- Teamplayer, who naturally builds close relations with colleagues
- Hands-on mentality and joy in co-creating and shaping the topic Sustainability for Knauf Ceiling Solutions
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English and additionally either French or German
- Ability to regularly travel to our plants in France, Austria, Germany and China (around 40% travel)
WHAT WE OFFER
A varied, interesting and challenging role in an innovative company. You will join a dynamic international team in a modern work environment with flexible working hours. We will provide extensive training, a competitive salary and an attractive range of company benefits.
Iphofen, Grafenau, Pontarlier, Ferndorf
About Knauf Ceiling Solutions
Knauf Ceiling Solutions is one of the four divisions of the family-owned Knauf Group. Knauf Ceiling Solutions is the result of a merger of two of the world‘s most recognised ceiling manufacturers in 2019. We offer a wide range of multi material ceiling solutions covering mineral, metal, wood and wood wool as well as system ceiling solutions.
With more than 30 sales and production sites in Europe, Asia and Latin America, around 1600 employees worldwide and a sales of 500 million Euro, Knauf Ceiling Solutions is one of the big players in the ceiling market.