Technical Project Lead Embedded Software (Firmware) Development (m/f/d)
What's the role?
With your enthusiasm and passion, you have been able to build up a profound knowledge of the development, implementation and architecture of complex embedded software through intensive collaboration in several technology projects over the past years. This also includes taking over the responsibility for the technical management of a software development team - this has enabled you to continuously develop not only your skills but also those of your team in particular. We would like to accompany you on your next career step and after an intensive training period as a Technical Lead (m/f/d) you will take over the disciplinary responsibility for a team within 1-2 years.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 30,000 employees in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Technical Lead (m/f/d) you will work together with your interdisciplinary team (embedded SW development, embedded SW testing) on the continuous new and further development of innovative SW solutions for our brushless motor applications. Your core task is the definition and coordination of SW concepts and work packages within your series development projects. By acting responsibly and with foresight, you ensure the reusability of the embedded software and coordinate the cost and time planning. With the help of your software engineering expertise, you will act as an continuous improvement driver and, in addition to technology projects, you will also implement your own ideas for future-oriented, differentiating features in our products.
Your role also includes the technical management of your project members - with your appreciative manner you support and encourage each individual to develop and grow personally.
In everything you do, you always keep the Hilti values in mind: Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment.
During the intensive induction period you will gain comprehensive insights into the processes of our product development and from day one you will be responsible for successfully achieving the ambitious goals of highly innovative products. Through intensive coaching and support from your personal mentor, we will look after you to further your career at Hilti in a fast-paced, state-of-the-art working environment. From the very beginning you will be optimally prepared for an international management position.
Our employees can select the offers that suit them best: for us, flexible working includes support with working hours and locations as well as family and leisure activities.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we ́ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Internal mentoring program
- Fitness and health offers
- Flexible working arrangements
- Subsidy for monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- Completed university degree in computer science, electrical engineering, mechatronics or related fields.
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in the design and implementation of embedded software components including electronic drives.
- Extensive experience in modern software architecture, development or operations practices including Continuous Integration/Delivery/Deployment, as well as agile development processes.
- Experience with Cortex M0/M3/M4 microcontrollers.
- Ideally knowledge of motor applications and their regulations.
- Interdisciplinary leadership competence paired with analytical-conceptual thinking.
- International experience especially with development partners in Eastern Europe and/or Asia is an advantage.
- Structured organizational management and talent for multi-tasking
- Empathy, readiness to coach, pair with and learn from others.
- Very good communication skills in English, German language skills are an advantage
Why should you apply?
If you are passionate about embedded system engineering, want to grow personally and pursuit your career into a managerial position while creating positive impact on your projects and team, you want to apply for this job.
Take up the next challenge and start your career with HILTI! We are always looking for employees for a long-term cooperation.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.