Senior Software Engineer for development of innovative power tools (m/f/d)
What's the role?
We are seeking a skilled software developer to join our dynamic and international team of software and hardware developers. In this role, you will be responsible for developing software for innovative platform electronics that will drive a diverse portfolio of power tools used in the construction industry.
As a key member of our team, you will be developing novel concepts and driving their optimization until series-production readiness, strongly contributing to accelerating the development speed of the entire organization. Your work will also play a crucial role in differentiating our tools from the competition, further establishing our company as a leader in the industry.
To succeed in this role, you should have a strong background in software development and be familiar with modern development tools and methods. You should also be highly collaborative, able to work closely with other members of the team to deliver high-quality software solutions that meet the needs of our customers.
If you're passionate about developing innovative software solutions for the construction industry and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
From the pre-development of our own motors, electronics and firmware, to series-maturity - our intelligent mechatronic systems come from our own research and development laboratories.
With 32,000 people in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
We are looking for a talented software developer who is passionate about creating high-quality embedded software for new platform electronics in power tools. As a key member of our team, you will play a vital role in designing the software for the final product and working closely with other team members responsible for developing cutting-edge electronic and software platforms for battery-driven tools.
Your work will be used by multiple teams to integrate into a wide range of new construction tools, making this an exciting opportunity to see your software used by a vast audience and make a real impact in the industry.
If you have an in-depth knowledge of state-of-the-art architecture concepts, design patterns, and methods, and a desire to develop innovative solutions with a focus on portability, maintainability, performance, and safety, we want to hear from you.
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment that fosters creativity, learning, and growth. You'll have the chance to work alongside a team of passionate professionals who are dedicated to creating the best possible software for our customers.
Join us in this exciting opportunity to shape the future of power tools and make your mark in the industry!
93% of our people say they’re proud to work for Hilti, thanks to the quality of our products and the way we look after our people.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we ́ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Fitness and health benefits
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mobile working
- DB JobTicket
- Subsidised Company Bike
- Subsidised monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Free charging pole for electric cars
- Free company parking spaces
- Company pension scheme (employer-financed)
- Subsidy for childcare
- Summer holiday care for children
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- Master's or Bachelor's degree (including State-certified technician) in Computer Science, Electronics, or relevant Engineering disciplines
- At least 3 years of professional experience in developing software
- Good knowledge of microcontrollers with proficiency in C/C++ programming languages
- Knowledge of motor control and/or battery management algorithms is an advantage
- Good knowledge of scripting languages and toolchains (Python, bash, git, Clang, etc.) is an advantage
- Experience with state-of-the-art software development engineering practices such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Knowledge of project management and presentation methods
- Flexibility, self-organization, proactivity, and team player skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Good communication skills in English; German is optional
- Experience in design for modular and reusable software architecture is an advantage
- Good knowledge of common software design patterns
Why should you apply?
We are thrilled to offer an enriching and fulfilling work environment that prioritizes innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. You will have the chance to work on cutting-edge projects alongside a team of expert professionals from diverse backgrounds and countries. If you have a passion for software engineering and a desire to advance while making a positive impact on the construction industry, we encourage you to apply for this position. Not only will you have the opportunity to enhance your skills, but you will also contribute to making construction better through your work. We look forward to receiving your application and learning more about how you can join our team.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.