Head of Software Delivery (m/f/d)
Kaufering, near Munich
What's the role?
As the Head of Software Delivery (m/f/d) you will be leading our international Software team and ensure high quality, efficient and competitive solutions according to Hilti’s strategy, solution business plans and roadmaps.
Who is Hilti?
We develop, manufacture and sell cutting-edge products, technology, software and services for the global construction industry. Hilti stands for innovation, quality and direct customer relationships.
In our IoT department we develop innovative Embedded Software Solutions, Mobile Apps and Measurement Technologies - through our technologies in application software we take our customers to the next level of the technological progress.
With 31,000 people in more than 120 countries, we're a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow in your career.
What does the role involve?
You will be leading our international development team that is responsible for one of our Hilti Software products. You own processes to define target states and roadmaps. You consult senior management on Software product topics and help to shape investment decisions. Furthermore, you will develop the long-term vision and development goals for the unit (continuous improvement by e.g. reducing cycle times and improving quality management), define and monitor unit level goals, KPIs and ensure continuous improvement and scalability of the Software development teams.
As a strong role model, you motivate your team members with your own enthusiasm, delegate and coordinate tasks, actively contribute to the achievement of goals and live our Hilti values. Based on our management mission statement, you coach your employees and develop individual measures for continuous professional and personal development together with each team member.
Diversity and inclusion is one of our key themes: in our team of over 31,000 employees worldwide, there are 127 different nationalities, 24% women worldwide and 20% women in management positions.
What do we offer?
We offer you a unique place to work, in which you are part of a creative and interdisciplinary team. We will give you a lot of responsibility to develop yourself and we ́ll support you in shaping your individual career path.
In addition, we offer you innovative and personalized Benefits, such as
- Internal mentoring program
- Flexible working arrangements and Mobile working
- Subsidised monthly and annual public transport subscriptions
- Subsidy for childcare and Summer holiday care for children
- Support in relocating and finding a flat
- Tax advice
Integrity, courage, teamwork and commitment are essential for Hilti – both today and tomorrow. We are proud to say that we not only talk about our values, but also live them every day.
What you need is:
- University degree (Master preferred) in IT, Project Management, SW Development
- Strong problem solving, communication, presentation, stakeholder management skills
- At least 10 years of professional experience, at least 5 years of experience in leading a development team, involved in hiring and people development
- Experience in agile software development as well as in handling change management
- Able to communicate with business partners, management as well as the technical developers
- Able to prioritize requests from Marketing and Product Owner teams and come up with a roadmap and/or release plan
- Ability to understand team members (strengths, weaknesses, interest, willingness), plan self-development activities and career progress for them
- Strong analytical skills, creative, innovative and open-minded personality
- Show a strong “can-do” attitude and is willing to go “extra-mile”
- Achieve superior results on time and proactively communicate and harvest results
- Able to accept and give constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology, tools, development standards
- Knowledge and experience sharing within and across teams
- Plan coaching for new joiners and team integration
- Fluent in English (verbally and written)
Why should you apply?
We look forward to your thirst for knowledge and your courage to tackle new challenges. You are continuously striving to improve yourself and the products you work on, and you can assess and take risks appropriately. At the same time, you enjoy supporting and developing your team members as well as working in an exciting and future-oriented growth area with technologically challenging tasks and development opportunities.
During your job interview you will spend some time with us and get to know our company. Thus you will get a feeling for the job and our corporate culture.
Hilti stands for equal opportunities. We are looking forward to receiving applications from severely disabled persons and similarly disabled persons.