Strategy & M&A Controlling Business Partner (m/f/d)
You are experienced in business cases and forecasts? Your knowledge in Controlling is outstanding and you have got a strategic mindset?
Apply at Hager Group!
We are currently looking for our future Strategy & M&A Controlling Business Partner (m/f/d) based in France or Germany for a permanent contract.
Bringing more value to the Business in a cost-efficient way is our ambition as Controlling Function. To achieve this ambition, Controlling department continues its Transformation Journey, which is based on 3 pillars : Organisation, Planning & Forecasting, Analytics & Digitalisation.
As Strategy & M&A Controlling Business Partner (m/f/d), you support this transformation of the Controlling Department and contribute to reach our ambition by Strengthening value contribution & business impact.
As a Controlling Business Partner (m/f/d) in charge of Mergers & Acquisitions & Strategy:
- You proactively steer enterprise risk and opportunities, develop strategic initiatives, drive cost reduction efforts and set-up and maintain the financial (and partly non-financial) steering model
- Reactively, you drive enterprise agility, initiatives to promote growth, organizational development and improve business processes
- More specifically, you lead the financial part of the M&A process by actively contributing to it improvement (governance, deal flow, DD checklists, valuation modeling) and deal execution (valuation, financial DD, financial advisor coordination)
- You actively contribute to Chessboard preparation (portfolio performance review, TO & GCM data consolidation & analysis) and execution (participation to main deep-dive sessions, coordination of financial controllers, consolidation of main outcomes)
- You participate in ad-hoc strategy studies (P2030 deep-dives, 2030 financial planning, Innovation) by providing internal financial benchmarks, contributing to the definition of Business Plan and evaluating strategic options (IRR, NPV)
- You support the investigation of Corporate Venture fund opportunities for Hager Group
Direct reporting to the Controlling Vice President and dotted line to the Corporate Strategy & M&A, your main missions are the following:
- Support business M&A & Strategy:
- Interact with decision makers
- Connect and guide around financial implications
- Provide meaningful set of data
- Work in collaboration with the local Controlling teams and the operational managers to translate operative plans into business plans according to group’s standards
- Guarantee the application of the group’s standards
- Bachelor or Master ́s degree or equivalent academic qualification
- More than 10 years of experience in different areas of Controlling on an international scale
- Advanced Accounting and / or Auditing expertise. Advanced Controlling Expertise to be able to detect risks & opportunities as well as the modelling of synergy effects
- Strong “business case + forecasting” expertise
- Controlling process knowledge especially for “Chessboard” and “P2030 support)
- Very strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Excellent strategic understanding & mindset
- Excellent business, market & industry knowledge and Global Perspective
- Strong attention to detail and have a keen & inquisitive eye for detail
- Works comfortably in a group / cross-functional setting
- Being resilient including the ability to work under pressure and time constraint in a Due Diligence Process
- Have an ability to remain calm in the face of uncertainty
- Ability to prioritize & execute tasks autonomously within the DueDil process
- Creative application of own holistic FiCO skills to diverse “M&A” situations
- You know perfectly Excel, SAP and BW and are fluent in English. French or German language would be a plus
- Business Travels will be required up to 2-3 days/month
Please send us your application in English!
You can expect a position with responsibility and variety in an international and innovative environment and motivated team. We offer intensive integration, an attractive and fair compensation as well as internal and external training.
Take your future chance and convince us. You can upload your application easily in our Groupwide application management system. Please use the opportunity of the online application, 10 minutes are enough! We are available in advance for your specific questions.