Backend Game Developer (m/f/d)
We are an ambitious company in the iGaming industry with a multinational team and are looking for a Backend Game Developer (m/f/d) for further expansion of our development team at our location in Sliema or Paderborn. With the help of our latest B2B online gaming platform, we combine the fun of mechanical devices with the convenience of online gaming. Together with your colleagues in Germany, Serbia, Malta and India, you will bring this innovative and unique way of iGaming to a new level.
- As a Backend Game Developer, you will participate in developing mainly the backend of our B2B online gaming platform.
- Moreover, you will implement features and resolve bugs as per their specifications. Furthermore, you will take over the ownership of particular services.
- In addition, you have to design and develop the platform RESTful APIs and backend. This role also includes assisting to decide the technologies used and software architecture with the Lead Developer.
- Last but not least, you will get involved into further product/platform development with Lead Dev and PO.
- Multiple years of experience in software development or just finished university degree with IT background, computer science
- Software development or comparable qualification
- Profound knowledge in database systems (architecture, performance, and querying SQL-based systems)
- Programming language skills in Java, PHP, TypeScript
- Used to working with Git and Maven
- Knowledge frameworks as of Java Spring Boot, Laravel and Angular would be helpful
- Fluent spoken and written English
What to expect:
- Start-up mentality in an innovative product development combined with the advantages of an internationally active group of companies
- Safe employer with economic stability
- Open and friendly corporate culture and communication at eye level
- Modern workplace equipment
- Flexible working time models and home office arrangement
- Opportunity to develop professionally and personally
- A high degree of personal responsibility
- Opportunity to participate in decision-making process when onboarding new technologies and processes
- Permanent employment contract, competitive salary and good social benefits
Betterlore is the start-up driving force behind a new type of gaming being introduced on the market, coupling popular physical gaming machines with the power of online technologies such as streaming and HTML5. This we believe provides the best possible combination for the player’s enjoyment. Out of our Malta, Germany and Serbia based teams, we’re pioneering this new category of online games called live mechanics. While enjoying a start-up culture, Betterlore has its DNA in gaming, being part of the Gauselmann group of companies, employing almost 15.000 people worldwide and with a 65 year history in the gambling industry.