Lead Buyer (m/f/d) Indirect Spend
Berner Omnichannel Trading Holding SE
Künzelsau | Köln
Come and shape the future together with us in Cologne or Künzelsau (Germany) as Lead Buyer (m/f/d) Indirect Spend.
Was wir bieten
The values and sustainability of a family enterprise. And anything but rigid routine processes. After all, the Berner Group is undergoing a strategic transformation. Customer focus and digitalization are top priorities for us. This is the perfect setting for undaunted doers who are fully committed when daring new things, who stick to their ideas – even when this is not easy – and in this way put their lasting mark on our company, on a national as well as international level. We offer you many additional advantages. For instance, short lines of communication and decision-making, introductory training that is adjusted to you personally, a competitive salary with company pension scheme, and capital-forming benefits plus staff discounts on purchases of our expert products.
Was Sie auszeichnet
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in the area of business
- Several years of business expertise in procurement, preferably in indirect spend
- Proven track record in strategic and operational procurement on a comparable level of company complexity
- Good MS Office skills
- Fluency in English (at least B2)
- Ability to work across regions as part of an international team and interact well with all levels within the business structure, to reliably solve problems and take issues to closure
- Conceptual, analytical and structured approach as well as independent way of working and quick understanding
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Open-mindedness in translating requirements of management and organization into action
- Enforcement combined with creativity and empathy
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Was Sie erwartet
- Ensure fulfillment of requested service and/or product for function units in time, in quality and on benchmarked price level under consideration of legal, company, procurement and purchasing directives for defined material groups focused on freight procurement
- Establish a strong connection to business to be a sought-after partner and implement a deep cooperation for accounted material groups
- Support the demand carrier in challenging requirements, best-cost approach and supplier identification as well as selection
- Contract management
- Be aware of price developments and price trends, inform the organization, develop and execute counter measures
- Optimize the spend
- Create and release commodity strategy and report success and progress for given material groups
- Perform analyses of material group performance and propose targets for the area of responsibility (e.g. number of suppliers, risk management, cost of operation) individually and together with the Manager Group Procurement Indirect Spend
- Drive the leadership behavior for procurement
Wer wir sind
We are the holding company of the Berner Group. With about 280 employees, we are managing the Europe-wide departure to the digital future and are positioning ourselves for the years to come. The Berner Group is a financially strong, owner-operated corporation in the second generation, with approximately 46 subsidiaries all over Europe.
Our core competencies are multichannel sales and the production of MRO goods, such as tools and chemical products for the automotive and industry sectors and the building trade. 8,200 people in the Berner, Caramba, and BTI Business Units make a difference – they move us ahead. Again and again, every day.