Director (m/f/d) Product Management
Berner Trading Holding GmbH
Come and shape the future together with us in Cologne or Künzelsau (Germany) as Director (m/f/d) Product Management.
Was wir bieten
The values and sustainability of a family enterprise. And anything but rigid routine processes. After all, the Berner Group is undergoing a strategic transformation. Customer focus and digitalization are top priorities for us. This is the perfect setting for undaunted doers who are fully committed when daring new things, who stick to their ideas – even when this is not easy – and in this way put their lasting mark on our company, on a national as well as international level. We offer you many additional advantages. For instance, short lines of communication and decision-making, introductory training that is adjusted to you personally, a competitive salary with company pension scheme, and capital-forming benefits plus staff discounts on purchases of our expert products.
Was Sie auszeichnet
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or technical field or comparable education
- Several years of professional experience in product/category management including having led global product/category in retail, B2B and/or consulting business
- Broad conceptual and operational product management experience including having built, nurtured, and harmonized a complex portfolio of own and strategic brands
- Relevant experience in project management and change management
- Experience in matrix organizations and ability to align different requirements in a multinational or global environment as well as lead dispersed teams
- Outstanding motivator and enthusiast for product management
- Strong marketing expertise (4-Ps approach)
- Advanced project management skills
- Strong ability to lead combined with a strong team orientation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Outstanding analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Very good collaboration and influencing skills, demonstrated in a complex matrix environment
- Result-oriented mind-set
Was Sie erwartet
- Shape and operationalize the overall assortment strategy closely collaborating with the (Regional) Vice Presidents and the other marketing functions
- Lead strategic and operational management and further development of the overall assortment incl. own branded products with a clear focus on customer centricity and profitable growth
- Manage the assortment shadow P&L and deliver budgeted margins and profitability of the respective products across the categories
- Optimize current category portfolio ensuring leverage of global platforms and transfer of successful products across markets where suitable while reducing complexity, streamlining category portfolio and ultimately optimizing profit
- Work closely together with procurement in collaborative mode
- Ensure best-in-class product content and data for internal and external communication (product description, value proposition, product compliance etc.)
- Initiate and drive product related projects to support the transformation journey and represent product offer towards C-level
- Support sales and marketing efforts through product training, product content, general product and technical support as well as participation in customer and industry meetings or events
- Establish and develop a successful and professional Product Management team by attracting and retaining talent, managing performance, building capabilities, optimizing data-driven processes and sharing knowledge
- Foster a culture of group-wide and cross-functional collaboration, best practice sharing, regular feedback and strong interactive coaching mechanisms to ensure all team members fulfill their potential
Wer wir sind
We are the holding company of the Berner Group. With about 280 employees, we are managing the Europe-wide departure to the digital future and are positioning ourselves for the years to come. The Berner Group is a financially strong, owner-operated corporation in the second generation, with approximately 46 subsidiaries all over Europe.
Our core competencies are multichannel sales and the production of MRO goods, such as tools and chemical products for the automotive and industry sectors and the building trade. 8,200 people in the Berner, Caramba, and BTI Business Units make a difference – they move us ahead. Again and again, every day.